Primary Menu

Tanner In The Morning

Weekdays 5:00AM - 10:00AM

No time for shut-eye when cooking!

Durham fire officials said they were dispatched to a fire overnight after a man fell asleep while frying french fries on the stove.

Officials said the resident of the home was awakened by the smoke alarm.

While there were no injuries, the fire caused heavy damage to the kitchen, attic, and roof.

The adult and two children were displaced but are staying with relatives, according to officials.

We like our crunchy french fries, but these might’ve been overcooked!