I am 100% one of these Americans.
Being stuck in the house all day during coronavirus quarantine, especially with kids, can certainly leave folks on edge, and according to a new report, many people found refuge from that stress in their vehicles. I love just getting in my car nowadays and taking a drive through backroads and the North Carolina countryside.
A new survey finds:
- 80% of Americans say they feel safe in their cars right now vs. any other types of transportation.
- 75% say they used their car as a mental health escape during the quarantine.
- 30% took a mini-break by driving around the neighborhood.
- 24% took long drives to clear their head.
- 16% simply sat in their car outside their house listening to music or audiobooks.
- Folks even used their cars to do good, with 21% of both Democrats and Republicans saying they used their cars to deliver groceries to family/friends/neighbors in need.