Beer for everyone! Well, 21 and older that is.
One of the many things I love about living in North Carolina is that we have a ton of breweries. I normally drink the seltzer, but I do like a nice light beer now and then. Zymurgy Magazine, the publication of the American Homebrewers Association, just announced its list of top beers and breweries for the year, and wouldn’t you know, one of them is right here in North Carolina. Here are the results below.
- Bell’s Brewery, Comstock, Mich.*
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Chico, Calif. and Mills River, N.C.*
- Russian River Brewing Co., Santa Rosa and Windsor, Calif.*
- Founders Brewing Co., Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, Del.*
- TreeHouse Brewing Co., Charlton, Mass.*
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend, Ore.*
- The Alchemist, Stowe, Vt.*
- New Belgium Brewing Co., Fort Collins, Colo.
- (Tied) Firestone Walker Brewing Co., Paso Robles, Calif.*
- (Tied) Stone Brewing, Escondido, Calif.*
- Bell’s Two Hearted Ale*
- Russian River Pliny the Elder*
- Sierra Nevada Pale Ale*
- The Alchemist Heady Topper*
- Bell’s Hopslam*
- Three Floyds Zombie Dust*
- Boulevard Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale*
- Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout
- Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA *
- North Coast Old Rasputin*