Yes, I know we haven’t even reached July 4th, but if you love the holidays it’s never too early to start prepping. Christmas in July is fast approaching and it’s a great time to make plans. We’ve compiled a list of some great ways to celebrate Christmas In July and get ready for the holiday season.
- Make a list, check it twice, and check out all the sales: It’s always good to get a jump start on Christmas shopping especially for immediate family members for who you know you’ll be purchasing gifts. Go ahead and make a list of those people as well as close friends and start to keep an eye out for things they would like. Many retailers will be having sales around Christmas in July and deals can be just as good as black Friday. You’ll save money and thank yourself when you have that extra time come December.
- Have a Christmas Movie Night: If you’re someone who still owns DVDs bust out your favorite Christmas movie. If you don’t, and I wouldn’t be surprised, there are plenty of Christmas movies still on streaming platforms. Hallmark has also released their Christmas in July movie schedule (a whole month’s worth!) for your viewing pleasure. So turn that AC on high, grab a blanket, make some hot cocoa and enjoy your favorite holiday classic.
- Enjoy a Christmas Cookie (or a dozen): Who doesn’t love a good Christmas cookie. It’s a shame we limit the enjoyment of them to one month a year. Yes I know you can have cookies any time but there is something about a Christmas cookie that just tastes better. My mom and I always bake too many so our secret is to put a few in the freezer and take them out midsummer to enjoy. I promise they taste just as good as they did in December! But maybe use this time to try out a new recipe, or just enjoy a fun day with your kids.
- Plan That Christmas Vacation: Maybe it’s a trip to visit family, to see the lights in NYC, or skiing. Whatever your choice vacation is summer is a great time to start planning- and get the best deals and selection on flights and hotel rooms before the demand sets in. With the lack of travel in 2020 expect record numbers of people traveling during the 2021 holiday season.
- Host A Christmas In July Party: Who doesn’t love a good theme party. Any excuse to dress up is a great one. Grab your besties and host a Christmas In July party. Ugly sweaters, that sequin dress you only wear at the holidays, or a beachy theme it doesn’t matter. Use those cookies you baked, grab that tabletop tree out of the attic, light that evergreen candle, and have yourself a ball.
Already counting down the days to Christmas? Check out our gallery of the most wonderful time of the year: