Tanner In The Morning

Weekdays 5:00AM - 10:00AM

If you already hate going to the dentist this won’t make you feel any better. During a routine trip to the dentist last month, an Illinois man inhaled the dentist’s drill bit and had to go to the hospital to have it removed.

60-year-old Tom Jozsi was getting a tooth filled when he was told he accidentally swallowed a tool. “I didn’t really even feel it going down.” Doctors believe that Jozsi inhaled just before he coughed, sending the 1-inch bit deep into his lungs. Luckily, the hospital was able to grab it using a special device without surgery. According to 13WHAM, Jozsi now keeps the drill bit displayed on a shelf at home.