Now that we are deep in July, we can forecast a fun Labor Day on September 5th. Depending on where you live, the weather can be extremely hot. If you have family coming in town or celebrating with neighbors, here’s some ideas.
1. Host a Family Cookout. No major holiday is complete without a family gathering and Labor Day is the perfect chance to grill out one last time this season. Invite your family and friends to your backyard for quality family time outdoors.
2. Visit a park. Whether it’s a local park or an amusement park, get out and have some fun. You can go to the park for a hike (if you like that sort of thing), take the kids to swing at the playground, get out the bikes and ride the greenway with the kids…the possibilities are endless.
3. Pick apples. Visit an orchard to pick your own apples! The season for apple picking starts in August in most places and orchards offers fun activities. Check your local listings for where you can go picking.
4. Go to the fair. Fairs start happening in most arears around the end of August, first of September. Fairs offer rides, entertainment, good foods, vendors and some even offer nightly fireworks.
*NC Mountain State Fair, September 10 – 19 at the WNC Agricultural Center in Fletcher
*North Carolina State Fair, October 14 -24 at North Carolina State Fairgrounds in Raleigh
5. Spend the day at the beach. This could be the last beach day of the year and you don’t have to go far to dip your toes in the sand. If you can’t make the trip to Myrtle or the coast, why not plan a day?
However, you decide how you spend the last holiday of the summer, I hope you make it the best one yet!