When it comes to solid advice, you can’t beat country music. Here are my top five country songs for advice:
5. Gary Allan – Every Storm (Runs Out Of Rain). With Gary Allan performing at Cabarrus Arena tonight, I couldn’t leave this one off the list.
4. Leann Womack – I Hope You Dance.
3. Tim McGraw – Humble and Kind. As my grandfather used to say, there are two kinds of people — those who are humble and those who are about to be humbled. This song helps me to keep that in perspective.
2. Rodney Adkins – If You’re Going Through Hell. This song is the ultimate “hang in there” hit. “Don’t slow down. If you’re scared, don’t show it.” It’s hard to listen to this one and not be inspired to keep plugging away.
- Trace Adkins – You’re Gonna Miss This. This is the number one favorite advice song for a lot of folks, including me. It perfectly sums of how challenges of the day become times that you will eventually long for.