Walmart is closing seven locations because they just aren’t performing up to company standards. Two of the seven locations are pickup and delivery only stores.
According to WSOC TV ,“There is no single cause for why a store closes — our decision is based on several factors, including historic and current financial performance, and is in line with the threshold that guides our strategy to close underperforming locations,” Ahmed Young, Director, Public and Government Affairs – Corporate Affairs for Walmart Inc.
The people that work at the stores will have an opportunity to work at another Walmart. Channel 9 reports,
The five Walmart stores closing on Friday, March 10, include:
- 17550 South Halsted St. in Homewood, Ill.
- 12690 S. Route 59 in Plainfield, Ill.
- 10330 W. Silver Spring Dr. in Milwaukee, Wis.
- 301 San Mateo Blvd. SE in Albuquerque, N.M.
- 6900 US Highway 19 North in Pinellas Park, Fla.
The two pickup-only stores closing on Friday are:
- 6840 N. McCormick Blvd. in Lincolnwood, Ill.
- 3701 SE Dodson Road in Bentonville, Ill.
To learn more get all the details from Channel 9 right here.