Here’s some organizations that you can donate to for relief efforts.
- Red Cross – “More than 1,500 Red Cross disaster workers are helping Hurricane Florence relief efforts. The Red Cross has additional disaster workers, vehicles, equipment and relief supplies moving into key areas today. Some 80 emergency response vehicles and more than 120 trailers of equipment and relief supplies have been deployed. As the storm passes, the Red Cross is preparing to provide shelter for tens of thousands of people until they can return home or find other places to stay.” DONATE HERE.
- The Salvation Army – “The Salvation Army’s national network of disaster staff and volunteers have been activated since Monday, September 10, to mobilize for storm preparation and response. Trained emergency disaster personnel are prepared to provide food, hydration, and emotional and spiritual support to survivors and first responders. DONATE HERE
In response to Hurricane Florence, The Salvation Army has provided:
- 25,699 Meals
- 23,194 Drinks
- 10,566 Snacks
- 82 assigned Mobile Feeding Units (Canteens) and 52 in service.
- 250 Comfort Kits
- 14,222 hours of employee and volunteer service
**Hurricane Florence Disaster Relief Statistics as of September 16, 2018
3. Team Rubicon – “In anticipation of Hurricane Florence, many have been asking whether Team Rubicon (TR) is in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia. The answer is yes; we’re always there. As of today, we have 3,727 volunteers in the Carolinas alone. Many of these members will raise their hand to support the effort, and many already have. Wherever we respond, it is the local knowledge and pre-existing relationships with emergency managers, government agencies, and communities that set us up for success. Groundwork at the local level starts well before a disaster strikes. So does training. Team Rubicon has delivered over 155,000 hours of training both online and in-person to TR volunteers this year so far. Add to that: their experience responding to 67 disasters already in 2018.” DONATE HERE.
4. The Louisiana Cajun Navy – “We don’t wait for the help, We are the help! We the people of Louisiana refuse to stand by and wait for help in the wake of disasters in our state and the country. We rise up to unite and help rescue our neighbors! Our mission is to help the people who can’t get help, not only in the wake of disaster, but in everyday life.” DONATE HERE.