North Carolina Family Is Lucky To Be Alive After Turkey Fryer Explosion
I roast my turkey but I know many people swear by frying them. If you do fry your turkey in a deep fryer, I would imagine that would need to be done outdoors. And oh yeah, the person doing the frying should be awake for the whole process. A North Carolina family is lucky to be alive after a turkey fryer explosion.
It happened in Burlington, North Carolina. The propane tank fueling the turkey frying exploded in the home according to WAVY. The explosion was reportedly so strong the windows in the back of the home blew out. The boiling oil was reportedly left unattended according to investigators.
Burlington Battalion Chef Daniel Shoffner tells the television station, it can happen anywhere and unattended cooking is a leading cause of home fires. “We want people to be safe, stay safe this holiday season. You know, be cautious when you’re cooking. If you are using a turkey fryer with oil or anything else.” He goes on to say never fry a turkey indoors. The fryer should be at least 10 feet away from anything that might catch fire.
Miraculously, no one was injured. This North Carolina family is lucky to be alive after a turkey fryer explosion. To learn more, get details from our source WAVY.com right here.