North Carolina Middle School Students Hospitalized After Treats Shared In Class
Parents got the news in a statement. It said that several students in a Cabarrus County, North Carolina middle school were hospitalized after treats were shared in class. It happened Friday morning at CC Griffin Middle School.
Parents tell our source, Channel 9 in Charlotte that more than a “handful” of students had to be taken to the hospital after falling suddenly ill. The parents believe the sickness is related to treats shared in class. One parent tells the television station, “I’m very upset,” they said. “WHY…I don’t want my kids to come back to this school because of this.” One child reportedly felt like she was going to pass out after eating the substance. Other kids’ reaction were more severe.
One parent report to Channel 9,“She fell to the floor and started seizing and everyone was screaming cause we had no clue what was happening”. It is not clear what the children ingested but some parent suspect drugs. The Concord police department is investigating. Parents reportedly are waiting on an apology from the school.
This is the full statement from the school district: “Cabarrus County Schools can confirm that several students at C.C. Griffin Middle School were treated by the school staff this afternoon for negative reactions related to ingesting an unknown substance. Out of an abundance of caution, seven students were transported to Atrium Health Cabarrus for further observation. District and school administration are investigating and working closely with the Concord Police Department to gather relevant information. We have no further information at this time.”
To learn more about this story, get details here from wsoctv.com.