Here’s Why 7 North Carolina Middle School Students Were Sent To The Hospital
Several students in Concord, North Carolina were sent to the emergency room Friday after ingesting an unknown substance. Now we have a clearer idea about what that substance was. Here’s why 7 North Carolina middle school students were sent to the hospital.
Two students were accused of having edibles at the middle school. The Concord Police Department confirms those two students have been charged. Things started going awry Friday afternoon after their 8th grade snack time. The snack consumed was Rice Krispy treats laced with THC. According to our source, Channel 9, 7 North Carolina middle school students were sent to the hospital.
According to a statement released by the school district; “Cabarrus County Schools can confirm that several students at C.C. Griffin Middle School were treated by the school staff this afternoon for negative reactions related to ingesting an unknown substance.” The Concord police also confirm mushrooms were found at the scene as well as the THC laced treats. The edibles were shared among the students and according to Channel 9 the students knowingly ate the edibles. The police gave this statement to the television station; “All the students who ate a piece of the Rice Krispy Treats and who spoke with police admitted to knowing that they were eating a THC edible”.
Petitions were filed against the two students who brought the “treats” to school with the North Carolina Department of Juvenile Justice. To learn more get all the details from our source, wsoctv.com right here.
8 North Carolina Schools Earned The Distinction of National Blue Ribbon Schools